VI International Conference
" International Cooperation: Innovation as a Tool for Social and Economic Changes"
Palais des Nations
November 16-19, 2015
- International Investment Center/Centre International d'Investissement
- Russian-Swiss Science Association
- Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- NGO Liaison Service, Office of the Director-General United Nations Office at Geneva
- Business Club of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Union of Innovation and Technology Centers of Russia
Conference operator: Centre International d'Investissement (Switzerland)
The conference is devoted to 70th Anniversary of the United Nations Organization and adoption of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
At the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit on 25 September 2015, world leaders adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes a set of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and tackle climate change by 2030.
The modernization of society demanded changes of the innovation system in all areas of life, from areas such as education and culture to the industrial and social infrastructure, investment policy, regulatory and legal framework, etc
Innovative potential is a key condition for the development of the modern state. Social innovations, widespread today in the states of vanguard economy, not only form new type of people, but also define a new environment to live and work.
International cooperation is the basis of sustainable development and better future for all. The future belongs to young people, and they are consistently at the forefront of innovation.
The aim of the conference is to create a communication platform for:
- Sharing of best practices in social and economic spheres of human activity;
- Ensure the timely incorporation of innovation in the modern model of education, improving international mobility of universities;
- Identify favorable conditions for the realization of various forms of international cooperation.
Participants: Representatives of universities, innovation and research centers, governments, financial institutions, industrial and promotional organizations, chambers of commerce and business associations.
Working languages of the conference - English and Russian, translation will be provided
November 16 Monday CERN Room 160-1-009
9.00-13.00 Plenary Session: UN Sustainable Development Goals, International Cooperation and Innovations
Moderator – Andrei Generalov, president, International Investment Center
Welcome Address: Permanent Mission of the RF to the UN and other International Organizations in Geneva
- Dr. Mick Storr, Head of the CERN Academic and Technical Training section (Switzerland)
- Dr. Yury Ermolin, Russian-Swiss Science Association (Switzerland)
- Ms. Maria Paola Lia, Global Health Programs, Eli Lilly Export S.A. (Switzerland)
- Dr.Antal Szabo, ERENET scientific director, Corvinius University and former UN regional adviser (Hungary)
- Mr.Gianpaolo Gansi, Prime Key Ltd (Italy)
- Dr. Riccardo Crestani, Padova University (Italy)
- Dr. Andrei Kuznetsov, Kuznetsoff Laboratories (Russia)
- Dr. Zsuzsanna Szabo, „Petru Maior” University of Tîrgu Mureş (Romania)
- Mr. Sergey Lesin, Gubkin State Oil and Gas University (Russia)
- Mr.Alexandre Poltorak, IP-Max SA (Switzerland)
- Mr.Andrey Chistyakov, Ms.Polina Zharova, Topchuev Institute of Petrochemical Synthesis (Russia)
14.00-17.00 visit to CERN
November 17, Tuesday, Palais des Nations, Room E2
“The new UN post-2015 development agenda and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”
Round Table, devoted to 70th Anniversary of the UN
9.00 – 10.00 registration,
10.00 -10.30 - group photo
10.30 – 11.30 Presentation: 70th Anniversary of the United Nations and Socially Inclusive and Sustainable development
Esuna Dugarova, UNRISD
11.30 - 12.30 UN system and NGO involvement
Ms. Lidiya Grigoreva, NGO Liaison Officer, Political Affairs and Partnerships Section, Office of the Director-General United Nations Office at Geneva
Mr. Andrei Generalov, president, International Investment Center
12.30 – 13.30 lunch break
13.30 – 14.00 UN ECE presentation
14.00 - 16.00 Discussion: Sustainable development goal #4 “Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all”
Panelists: Dr. Vlada Lisenco (Moldova), Dr. Ivan Brink (Russia), Ms. Johanna Mitchell (Great Britain)
16.00- 18.00 – Questions and answers
November 18, Wednesday
8.00-21.00 Visit to the University of Savoy, France
November 19, Thursday
10.00-15.30 Visit to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)