Capacity Development Centre on Energy for Sustainable Development (CDC ESD)
According to the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), 1.3 billion people on the planet don't have access to modern energy services and about 285 million people speak Russian language as primary and secondary language. Among these people more than a half do not speak English or French, which are the most often used languages for the UN documents, including best practices publications and green policy information.
Thus, for many people the current situation with access to information about green economy and energy efficiency is vulnerable because of lack of available translation, though Russian is among six official languages of the UN. Increased access of this audience to information about UN activities in green economy and energy efficiency can give the necessary tools to continue and strengthen work towards economic sustainability.
The web portal will be available in Russian, English and French languages.
In the field of energy efficiency the project activities include:
1. Exchange of know-how and best practices in selected economic sectors on how to significantly improve energy efficiency in the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe region;
2. Exchange of approaches and best practices for utilities and energyservices companies to improve energy efficiency in the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe region, including quality of service regulation;
3. Facilitation of engagement in the Global Energy Efficiency Accelerator Platform.
In the field of green economy activities include:
1. Development of innovators’ movement, exchange of know-how and best practices on how to significantly improve green economy development within the Russian-speaking community worldwide;
2. Facilitation of engagement in the WIPO Green Platform.
For inquiries about the Capacity Development Centre on Energy for Sustainable Development program, please, contact us via: email@example.com